Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Favorite Place in the House



       
Do you have a favorite place in your home…? I might be a little bit embarrassed to say this, but my favorite place is probably my bedroom.OK. Let me tell you the truth; I LOVE MY BED! I see my bed and I smile. As soon as my body tumbles on the sheets ans pillows I go to immediate relaxation mode. The softness of the sheets, the cold the smell it makes me feel like I'm in heaven. 

If you think about it, when you are sleeping your body is working hard while you are having sweet dreams. Your body is slowing down your breathing, your heart rate, and your blood pressure. As the muscles start to relax, the tissues are growing and repairing.  Your body’s energy is restoring.  

So many things happen in a bed…but are you taking care of it? I’m not talking just about the mattress; in that case I would have to write another blog on how you can keep your mattress clean. Today I want to talk about the face of your bed.

I like to use cooking and eating as an analogy. For me food has to have a lot of different colors, textures, appearances and pleasurable aromas. (Even though some cheeses with a funky smell can be so good.) Now, who wants to eat the same thing over and over, right? We should do the same thing with our beds. Keep a constant rotation of color palates, textures and your favorite fragrances to “pair” with different moods. For example, if you are a fan of lavender, pair the fragrance with shades of purple, white and green. If you love citrus chose lemon or lime with nice herbs like rosemary, magnolia, peach and raspberry can also be a beautiful scent. For these particular aromas pick some green, blue or turquoise colors. 

 For you to look forward to getting home and relaxing in your bed, it has to be appealing to your eyes. The face of your bed has to have inviting colors, textures and a sweet aromas. You can always find nice natural linen sprays, scented sachets or natural flowers. Not only are these home accents going to give you a soft fragrance, but it will also give you a beautiful touch of décor.  

       cg do not disturb pillowsHomemade Linen SprayPink Ranunculus look so romantic with their soft ruffled petals.  A simple arrangement like this would be an easy way to decorate a spring wedding.
 Now, I would like you to picture a hotel suite you loved. I want you to remember every detail, from how they fold the comforter, to how they placed the pillows. If your mind is taking you back, I want you to re-create it.

    The best and easiest way to give a quick affordable makeover to your bed is with pillows!!  All you need is to go shopping INSIDE YOUR HOME. Go to the living room, TV room, guest room and check those accent pillows that will go with your bedding. Change them and give it a new look without you spending money. Add the new scents that you prefer and Wallah!  Remember, it's all about having fun and utilizing the things you already own.



                                                           



 


To learn a little bit more about sheets, here is a link that will help you decide.
http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/decorating/bedroom/best-bed-sheets




No comments:

Post a Comment